Thursday 3 December 2009

70s inspiration

As requested by Knit Nurse, here are some pics from inside the 1970s pattern booklet (plus the rear cover).



As well as patterns it gives a few ideas on how to use them.



Here are a few of the 28 patterns. (I find it quite hard to decide which I like best, as I'm always swayed by whether I like the colours they used!)









I may in time do this one



but for now I've enough brown and green to be going on with in completing the 1977 cushion cover.

In the meantime it's given me an idea for my next colourful cushion cover, which is to be a stitch sampler so I can learn some filling stitches. I was going to just do 25 square boxes, each in different colours &/or patterns, but I now like the idea of adapting this, with bigger squares to give me a bit more room to work in. I'll try it out on a scrap of fabric in the next few days to get the dimensions right.

The booklet's details are: Canvas Embroidery Patterns, published by Coats Sewing Group, book number 1198, 64 pages, article number H 1198-D1 (no isbn number), copyright 1974.

Anyone who fancies a copy should be able to get one quite easily - as of today, five copies are available (used of course!) from Amazon marketplace (which lists it rrp as 24p!) for around 75p to £2 with £2.75 postage. One vendor in particular lists the publication number so you'd be sure of getting the right thing.

1 comment:

knit nurse said...

Those pictures are even better than I expected! I like the zig zag one, think it would be a good choice.