Sunday 6 December 2009

Delving in the diary cupboard

On a whim last night I dug out my 1976-1977 school year diary to see if I'd recorded the start of the cushion I've now resumed. Not only did I write about starting it (and doing three more squares that week), but it turns out I also bought the materials and pattern book that same day, spending £3.90. I was amused to see that I remarked then about the original 24p price tag for the pattern book - just like a did in my previous post this week! I love the brown ink I used throughout that year! (I'm using purple Parker cartridges in my fountain pen at present - they're good too).



I must have been quite flush that day - or else my Mum was being very generous - as I also got a very wonderful poster of the late Pete Duel of the TV western show, Alias Smith & Jones.



By strange chance, I was talking about that very poster yesterday morning in the car on the way back from the shops. I've still got it, rolled up and tucked away in the corner of my study and I've been thinking of selling it so that it can find a home where it will be properly admired. I'd dug out all my AS&J memorabilia a few years ago, sold one of the posters and supplied scans/photos of everything to the excellent Alias Smith & Jones Collection site/message board - this poster has been lurking in the corner ever since, which seems rather a waste.

1 comment:

colleen said...

Oh I do like that attention to detail in your diary, the recording of the costs of everything. I have a diary from 1978 which pays similar attention to how much I earned at the time.