Thursday 4 February 2010

Starting to catch up.....

I've neglected this and the needlepoint, along with lots of other things during a busy January but am now starting to catch my breath and am back again (helped by the fact that I'm looking for displacement activities as I'm not enthusiastic about the main work ahead of me today). I couldn't quite face getting back into finishing the 1977 cushion straightaway so am making a specs case using a dozen or so different colours and stitches as a sampler - practice for a cushion cover along similar lines.

I would take a photo, but my camera is broken - the shutter button popped off - and I don't have another camera with me here today. I managed to find the shutter button and the spring, but there is apparently a teensy clip too. I've bought the spare parts for a fiver from ebay (Sony in the US won't sell to the UK and the UK site doesn't show spare parts) and have found a very helpful description of the repair (a common fault on the H5 apparently) at Darntootysam.com....but it looks rather scary and I'm not sure whether we've got the courage or not so will get a price from a local repairer before deciding. Luckily the resident Technomage has just bought a similar (but 2.5 years more modern) superzoom camera, a Canon SX20 IS, so we won't be camera-less even if mine ends up in a zillion pieces.

No comments: